I have long awaited to make something with my spent grain from homebrewing. We recently made a rye red and was able to use some of the grain to make some dog treats!
4 cups spent grain
2 cups AP flour
1 cup peanut butter (all natural)
1. Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl with a wooden spoon.
2. Press cookies down to almost a 1/4 inch and then cut a shape out of them.
3. Put the cookies into a pre-heated oven of 350 degrees.
4. Cook for about 45 mins.
5. Turn off oven for 30 mins and then heat again for 2 hours at 225.
6. Turn off oven and let sit in oven overnight or for 2-3 hours. This helps the cookies get completely dried-out so they don’t get moldy. If the cookies don’t have a hearty snap to them they are not dry enough.
My two long-haired doxies loved these cookies! Let me know if you make any if you add any variations to it. Enjoy!